Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lethargy, apathy, and... stuff

It's been a moderately depressing summer.

Before anyone gets fretful, no, nothing heart-stoppingly terrible has happened; we lost my father-in-law to lung cancer in July, but frankly we were kind of expecting that and everyone seems to be coping pretty well.  If you're looking for tragedies, sorry, but in my own personal selfish emotional life, there haven't really been any.  Things have been... normal.  It's just that, for me, "normal" has been a moderately depressing place to live all summer.  I've had very little in the way of energy or motivation to do things, or much in the way of enjoyment outside of the various henna gigs I've gotten.  So it just hasn't felt like I've had anything worth mustering up the energy to write about.

This is a slightly more glum way of saying "sorry I haven't posted to the blog in so long but I'm not dead really".  Sorry for the glum part.

Henna has been fun though.  In fact according to my bookkeeping, this has been my best year yet.  And I've gotten back into the local choir, but I think that's old news.  In July my hard drive died and, after $600 worth of data recovery (so much for savings, but the art photos, henna photos, kid photos, fiction, old emails: priceless), I'm still being lazy about getting my new hard drive up and running, loaded up with the files and programs and stuff like that.

I've been spending a lot of time on YouTube, and on fanfiction.net.

I need a day job to get me through the winter.  I'd prefer part time hours, and it can be minimum wage as long as the people are nice and the work isn't soul-draining and horrible.  Suggestions?

Cheers, everyone, and thanks for your well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment