Sunday, December 1, 2019

Easy does it, continued

I hadn't realized I'd gone so long without updating the blog. I've certainly been busy scribing, but confidentiality and keeping certain pieces a surprise before they ate delivered meant I couldn't really post about my recent projects till now.

Here are some images from a project back in August. I think I'd gotten as far as the text, gilding, and beginning of the paint before I stopped posting about it. So here are the rest of the images: 



Vine work added in the border and between the columns. 



Filling in the green to add body to the vine work. 


Finishing the seal and heraldry, adding the whitework, and highlighting the vines with gold


Close up of the seal 


Text detail, with a bit of the vine work visible. I wanted to erase pencil marks, but the friction from the eraser caused some of the ink to smudge even though it had been dry for days. 


Whitework details


Further whitework details, because why not; also some decent close ups of the smaller capitals. 


The recipient's heraldry 

All in all, this was a nice, relaxing piece to create for my client, and she was really happy with how it turned out. 

Up next: the same client gets a surprise wedding gift from her wife. 







No comments:

Post a Comment