Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fiddly Bits on Pottery

Locally there is a shop called "All Fired Up", where you purchase unglazed pottery, paint it, and then the staff will fire it in the kiln for you. The painting is amazingly fun, and I've been privileged to teach classes there in the past on various techniques.

The shop has changed ownership since I last taught, though, so things have been up in the air regarding whether or not I'd be able to continue that gig. But today I spoke with the new owner, and she seems pretty darn interested in having me come around.

This pleases me. This pleases me greatly. There shall be no beheadings today, as we are greatly pleased.

And now to create a few class descriptions so the woman knows what she's getting herself into. What she doesn't know is that I'm sort of compulsive; if I show up at her shop at all, even as a paying customer, I will end up teaching and offereing advice to anyone else who is there. She also doesn't know that, while I don't have an actual degree, I've been educating one-on-one, in small groups, and in front of audiences for years.

You know how every science museum has a little theater where some guy in a lab coat blows stuff up in front of an audience? I was that person for awhile, at Science Central in Ft. Wayne, and I rocked at it.

Probably best if I stop reminiscing and start drafting those descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment