Saturday, May 24, 2008

As promised

Jennifer has been sick, and wasn't able to email the pictures to me, but she did direct me to her MySpace page... where I promptly downloaded all the photos of my work. Here is the one that I've been raving about:



After she removed the paste and let it darken for a bit, she took this photo:



Hopefully now people can see what I've been so excited about.

The fun part of collecting these images was reading the comments that people had posted to Jennifer's page - there was one forearm design I did, where a commenter said that they would consider "getting that inked for real".

So apparently I'm the tattoo artist for people with commitment issues.

***

No photos for yesterday's gig at the same location, but I did some entertaining knotwork, a couple of touchups ("I like what you did last week, can you just do that again except for this part that's still dark?"), and the two best parts were, 1: the cute little design I did for a nervous young woman whose friends had had a bad experience (likely with so-called "black henna"), and 2: the mom who let me put a snowflake on her young daughter, showed me a picture of her high-school age daughter, and suggested booking me for a party. Rock star!

Probably I should get off my tuckus and finish the contract for the Farmer's Market, so I can get a second regular gig going for more than just tips. I won't leave the store table, though, because it gives me a chance to practice, experiment, and not charge money while I work the bugs out of my technique.

That reminds me: the same day I said I needed a job, I got one doing data entry for a friend of mine who runs his own business. He finds data entry to be mind-numbing, so he farms it out.

All in all, things are looking good in this part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment