Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Had a private henna appointment not too long ago, which was nice. I really need to thank the Java Roaster, a local coffee shop, for being so relaxed about my bringing clients there. The house is pretty much never in a state where I feel comfortable bringing people here, and coffee shops make for a nice atmosphere, so...

Taught a sort of "Henna 101" class this past weekend at our local SCA event. It's funny - I have street cred in the Society as a scribe, and all my henna experience is completely outside that hobby, yet my scribe classes in the past have never drawn more than two people, while the henna class had five or six.

The embroidery thing is progressing, slowly, but it is progressing. I'm just happy to be finished with outlining things in black, and able to move on to the colors.

There hasn't been much else happening in my creative world lately; looking forward to the Farmer's Market season in a few weeks, need to get my contract and booth fee in, NOT looking forward to using the damaged pop-up from last season. I really need to get out of the house, though, and this is my best way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment