Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy and Sad

Happy: I got a call yesterday for a henna appointment with a young lady which, after answering all her questions, became an appointment for her and her mom. I'm cooking up a fresh batch of henna downstairs right now.

Sad: The Husband asked me what I really want to do with the henna, in terms of commitment and goals and all that, and I get the impression that there is a right and a wrong answer to that question.

Most of my messed-up-edness comes from focusing more on what I think I'm "supposed to" want or need, and less on figuring out what I actually do want or need. What matters to me, vs. what I believe other people think should matter to me instead.

(Sorry if that sentence didn't make any sense.)

I need to get downstairs, finish the henna batch, and sit down with my big new planning book (a sketch book with big enough pages for me to have lots of room for commentary) and figure out what the hell I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment