Sunday, September 13, 2009

The usual

I've signed up for OctoberFest, to be held on Saturday, October 3. This is their third year running an event that drew 3,000 people in its first year, and 10,000 last year. I'm hoping to sling quite a bit of henna while I'm there.

***

Speaking of henna, Global Fest was a success even with the scheduling conflicts - a home football game, the last Mosey of the season, and the Lay Flats music festival all on the same day made for smaller crowds than last year, but I still topped $250 in henna sales.

***

Embroidery - the stupid trees are finally done! I'm working in a color that isn't brown or gray! Wa-hoo!

***

Geocaching: in which one uses one's GPS (or iPhone with a GPS function) to find hidden "treasure boxes". The family had our first successful find today, and the three-year-old loved it. Of course, now she's holding a non-violent protest against the institution of napping, but we did have fun right up until that point. She declared that we had to follow her down the trail because she was the "know where we're going girl".

***

Gardening at this point involves not quite watering or weeding as much as I ought, while planning the seed purchases for next spring and plotting a faster way to heat up water to scald the prairie grass to death. It's effective, targeted exactly on the plants I want to destroy and nothing else, and non-toxic. Apart from annoying the earthworms, this has to be the single best weed-killing method I've ever seen.

***

I'm sleepy. My kid is not. I should be used to this by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment