Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Changes a-comin'

 Hello all,

I wanted to let you all know that I have set up a small shop and commissions page over on Ko-fi.com - you may have noticed the button off to the right of my posts (only visible in web view, not mobile view). Ko-fi was originally designed to serve as a sort of "tip jar" for creators and their supporters, who might wish to show appreciation from time to time even if they couldn't afford a large donation or purchase. Ko-fi has since expanded their services to allow me to sell work through their site. With my free membership,  they take a small commission from every purchase, but it's really minor and I don't mind paying it to support them. There are no ads and they don't collect your data in any way, as far as I know.

I also wanted to get feedback from you about the possibility of moving this blog over to Wordpress. I've never used Wordpress before, but I've heard good things; most importantly, I've heard that it's really easy to subscribe to a Wordpress blog and be notified when a new post comes out. It's my hope that I could have a little bit cleaner look to the blog, with a little more ease in finding things in mobile view (on my current blog, post tags are only visible in web view, for example), and also build something of a subscriber base.

Is that something that people might be interested in?

In the meantime, we are well, the new house construction is coming along steadily, and I've been hired but not yet started at a new job. I'm writing lots and making art that makes me happy, so all in all, life is pretty good.

I hope you are well, too. Be safe, and be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment